Dedicated Development Team – Efficient work & Motivation
There is no company in this Universe that would like to be left behind using outdated solutions for the production process.
Therefore, to cope with changes and trends, even big software engineering players, like Skype, GitHub, and Slack, opt for outsourcing over other models of cooperation.
A dedicated team helps to get specialists who will be completely immersed in the specifics of the client’s business. In addition, the team is flexible to customer requirements and can scale up if the need arises.
THE BENEFITS OF A DEDICATED TEAM
The advantages list can continue days and nights, but we’d like to highlight how our clients took advantages of such a model working with us:
✓ full involvement in the requirements and methodology of the project;
✓ adjustment of the work time in accordance with the client’s time zone;
✓ opportunity to interview all specialists;
✓ full control over design processes;
✓ detailed reports and constant collaboration;
✓ rapid growth and replacement of resources;
✓ the long-term value of the project due to the accumulation of expertise and preservation of knowledge;
✓ high work efficiency;
✓ direct communication and monitoring of the team;
✓ process of software development controlled and managed;
✓ flexibility in planning and managing changes;
✓ team scalability;
✓ transparent pricing system;
✓ the most reliable model of all.
By hiring a dedicated team, most clients are not just looking for additional resources for testing, they are seeking to get motivated and interested in the project professionals who will be proactive and will do everything possible to ensure that the final product is perfect. The client needs experts with whom he can communicate, who will be “on the same wavelength” with him. Therefore, the personality of the team members is very important.
59% of companies believe outsourcing as an effective cost-cutting option.
For example, we have a team that has been working with a client of us for 6 years. This confirms that a dedicated team really means “dedication” – dedication to the project and dedication to solving problems. From our experience, we realized and noticed many times that in addition to the involvement of the team, there is another main advantage of this model that attracts customers, and now I am talking about the transparency of the process. This gives the client the ability to monitor the progress of work and quickly scale the team.
WAYS TO MOTIVATE YOUR OUTSOURCED TEAM
It’s nice to have a dedicated software development team, but the question is: “How to maintain expert motivated during the long-term projects, at the same time contributing to the development of skills without decreasing the efficiency of the work?”. Let’s discover in detail.
- Communicate clearly. Make sure that you have laid all the cards correctly, that the people on the other side clearly understand what you are planning. In addition to the kick-off document that you submitted at the beginning, additionally, come out diagrams, designs, examples, and requirements. Provide as much information as possible and always ask if extra materials or explanations are needed. You are the leader of this team (PO of the product) and should be involved as well as the rest of the members.
57% of projects fail due to breakdown in communications.
- Respect them as professionals. The cause why you chose them, firstly, is due to their knowledge and skills. Consult them about process improvements, request their opinion, ask for suggestions. A dedicated team is not just a team of engineers, communicators, or managers. Beforehand to start a collaboration with you and your business, they were groomed as consultants.
- Appreciate them as knowledge workers. Considering the opinions of employees, especially regarding organizational issues, serves as an additional incentive for conscientious work. In addition, a fresh perspective will help identify the company’s strengths and weaknesses. Another way to use feedback for motivation is to invite employees to independently choose the criteria by which their work will be assessed, and based on opinions, form an individual KPI system. Plus, the staff can become a “bank of ideas”, where the management can draw hints and non-standard solutions to problems. It is important to listen to each employee without rejecting the initiative at the very beginning. This method of non-material motivation will give an additional impetus to the development of the team and the company as a whole.
- Recognize their achievements. A simple “thank you” or “well done” – and now your team member/colleague smiles and does his task in a good mood, and the rest of the employees are imbued with loyalty to you. Plus, it is a simple way to show the employee the value of his work. Gratitude is always appropriate and, as a form of motivation, does not require any expenses.
- Pay for extended working hours and working shifts. In addition to a good salary, you have to pay for overtime hours, which is a well-known practice across the IT industry. Plus, the employee will feel that by his time and work there is respect and responsibility for the fact that he divides all the work to instill quality and on time.
- Respect their time. Each of us has a private life, which requires our attention and time. Since it takes 8 hours to work per day and to sleep the same number of time, we have about three hours a day left for us and our loved ones, if we do not consider the time for the trip to and from the office, for preparing before leaving home and various basic little things. Thus, we have very little free time for ourselves and for important things, and accordingly, this time is very expensive and sometimes it is simply priceless. And do not forget about the weekend, there must be a balance in everything. So winning respect for the free time of employees is one of the key factors in motivating a team.
The essence of motivation is to give people what they most want to get out of their work. The more fully you can satisfy their desires, the more chances you have of getting what you need, namely: performance, quality, service.
By hiring a dedicated team, you are, in a sense, hiring a well-coordinated organism that is inspired by your goals, follows your directions, and will not leave you halfway there if something goes wrong.
Contact us and we will show you how a dedicated team can boost your product/project.